Picture this. You attend a conference or a networking event. You collect a large amount of business cards. Nice feeling to get lots of cards! What usually happens is that these cards are taken back to the office and they are stored probably never to be seen again. Can you identify with that scenario? Let me quickly share with you 5 options you can use to manage those new relationships which can help grow your business. If you try these options, you will not miss out on opportunities to generate more revenue.
There are many solutions available. Check these out to get you started.
- Create an excel spreadsheet and update this with all contact information and notes on points of interest or business opportunities. Do not forget to note where you met them. Filter the information as needed.
- Evernote is amazing. This tool has so many capabilities. I am impressed with its ability to capture images of business cards and file these so you can retrieve these when required. Evernote also work along with Linkedin so that when you sync your Evernote account with your contacts, it provides more information for you to stay in touch with your connections. It is very simple to use and more information on how to scan your business cards can be found here.
- Try TimetoNote which is a free CRM tool which is simple, fast and elegant to use and integrates well with Google calendars and Gmail accounts.
- Capsule is another CRM web based tool and it is quite easy to use to manage your contacts database. It integrates really well with FreshBooks and Xero for instance and e-mail marketing tools such as Mailchimp
- Scan your business cards to your tablet and forward to your virtual assistant via Box, Dropbox or Google Drive to compile in an excel database. You will then have all of your contacts to hand in a spreadsheet. Some individuals prefer this solution. Camcard is a great app for you to use to get started.
If you want to grow your business, contacts details will need to be updated regularly. It will be necessary to reach out to contacts to continue nurturing and building the relationship so further business opportunities can come your way. It can be a mammoth task and if not managed, sadly opportunities are missed. Don’t let this happen to you.
Also having your contact information readily available is a perfect way for you to pass on referrals to contacts within your network. Have you been in a position where one of your contacts need a service, you know you have the card some where, with details of the ideal person within your network but you cannot find it.
Need some support? Link here to establish how High Touch Virtual Solutions can support you with managing your CRM dilemma and other administration activities you may be struggling with. Do not miss out on valuable business opportunities to grow your business!
Latest posts by Barbara Moorer (see all)
- Remarkable tips to prepare for training programmes in 2019 - December 18, 2018
- Benefits of using a VPN for Security on your devices - March 19, 2018
- Email marketing – discover how to make it rock! - December 6, 2017