Are you struggling with time management? Are you one of those persons who never have time to do everything that you need to do? As a matter of a fact, you are never going to be able to do everything you have on your list today. How do you deal with time management? With this in mind, in this post, I will share with you some of the strategies that help me to manage my time. I will assist you to “work smarter, not harder”.
- I try to plan and prioritise what I am going to do on a daily basis. I schedule time to think about my strategy for the day. Ask yourself what are you going to do today? Make sure that you list the most important tasks for you today and concentrate on doing those.
- Schedule time for interruptions and travelling. It is amazing how many interruptions can surface during the day. Whether it is social media, telephone calls, emails or friends popping by for a chat. If you are parent, you also need to schedule time for unforeseen occurrences with children. The latter can have a detrimental effect on time management.
- Use a tool. I am using Wunderlist. It is amazing. Wunderlist is a simple task management tool. You can use it across loads of devices meaning you can use it at your desktop or mobile when you are out. It helps me to manage my to do list on the go. Many people use The Pomodoro Technique. This is a time management method developed by Francesco Cirillo in the late 1980s. The technique uses a timer to break down work into intervals. These intervals are usually 25 minutes in length, separated by short breaks. I know many have found this technique quite helpful.
- Delegate. The fact of the matter is that you cannot do everything. As your business expands, you will find that you need to devote more time to your business. Concentrate on generating income for your business. Develop relationships with your clients. It is going to be challenging to do this whilst struggling to complete administration. If you have tasks which a virtual assistant can help you with, this is a great strategy for your business.
- Schedule a buffer time between tasks. Take a break. Go for a walk. Have a coffee break. Do anything that will help you to relax and give yourself the head space to start to focus on the next task. This will have the effect of removing stress from your work day.
So there you have it. 5 tips to help you to manage your time.
Make it your goal to work smarter. It will make a big difference and remove the stress of trying to manage an over whelming to do list.
Finally, review the list again. If you have unimportant tasks remove them.
If you are struggling to manage your time and need to get administrative support, please contact us. We will be happy to help.
Latest posts by Barbara Moorer (see all)
- Email marketing – discover how to make it rock! - December 6, 2017
- Powerful solution for you to manage your social media today - October 17, 2017
- 5 quick tips to help you deal with time management effectively - July 23, 2017